Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11: Happy Birthday, Kevin

Today, I am sewing lounge jammies in honor of Kevin's birthday.  The pattern says it takes 1 hour to make a pair.  I am guessing that it will take longer, because I trace my pattern on velliun so that I can use the different sizes.  This is a new pattern and I am planning to make a medium and maybe a large - medium first to see if that is really the best size for both of us.  I will time myself, so no dinking allowed for a few hours.

Then I am working on a quilt just for Kevin. It is the quilt I cut out yesterday.   He chose the kit this summer, and has been hinting that he would like to see the finished quilt.  His birthday present is to be working on it!  He said he does not need anything else, so the jammies and the quilt will be more than enough along with the steak dinner and ice cream.  Some day I will think of another way to wow him on his b-day!

Note:
I might be trying to do a monthly color challenge, I printed out the first set of colors and will contemplate it for a couple days.  It will be a stash busting activity!!  However, it is not part of my original plan of action, so I want to consider it for a few days, first.  I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday, Kevin!! Enjoy an extra scoop of ice cream tonight (or 4)! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Kevin!
Love you,
Dick and Debbie

Nancy A. said...

Happy birthday, Kevin!! maybe next birthday, we can have you two over for birthday ice cream!!!