Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 19: Quilting, Headaches, and Woodwork

I have been working on this "travel" quilt for a very long time.  It is not perfect, but it will be a treasure simply because it represents many of the times we have traveled and moved and I have been without a sewing machine.  It is a pre-cut Block of the Month offered by Joann Fabrics back in 2004.  It is really called Mystic Blues.  I have one simple border to finish and then I will start hand quilting it in the evening when I do not have any bindings calling out to me. 
I have saved all the block patterns and want to use some of the blocks in future quilts, but there is nothing in the planning stage at this point.  My ambitious and unrealistic goal is to have it quilted before we leave Vermont in May, but it will be quilted by the end of 2012!
I had a sinus-type headache for the past 3-4 days which gave me time for hand stitching on this quilt, but the nasty headache finally went away yesterday afternoon.  It is amazing what a difference I have in my outlook.  I popped out of bed ready to "DO"!  I am working on cleaning, quilting, and doing a load of laundry.  Then, this afternoon, I am finally going to go have my hair cut for the first time in 6 months.  This is going to be a GREAT!! probably SUPER SPECTACULAR day for me.  Life is good.

Final sharing of the day is the beginning of this cool cutting board that Kevin glued up yesterday.  It is made from all the pieces tapered from the maple and cherry legs of the hall tables made this past week in the 4-day workshop like we took in November.   He brought the board home to share and to discuss how to finish the edges.  Had to share what it looks like.    When it is finished it is going to be gorgeous.  Wonder if it will be mine, gifted or sold?

No comments: