Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16: Change of Plans

Still working on healing this cracked skin on my thumb, so I decided to do some hand sewing instead of working on the eagle quilt.  Don't have nearly as much thumb contact with the fabric this way.  I have three bottles of lotion in the house and visit them often.  Also broke out the rubber gloves for doing dishes. 
The strip you see is one of fourteen sections on the 2nd pieced border.  I am very close to finishing it.  Then there is one more simple border and I am ready to lay it out, baste it, and begin the hand quilting.  It has been in the works for a long time (since Texas? about 8 years), but it was my travel and pontoon project for most of the time and really got put to the side when we were home.  Without many more moves planned I set finishing it as one of my goals for this year.  My tentative plan is to finish the whole quilt before leaving Vermont.  Not too experienced at hand quilting, so that may be an overly ambitious plan, but I do think it will be finished before January of next year!

No comments: