Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12: Mostly About Quilts -- All About Sewing

I am doing the Crafty Block of the month.  Today I made my January blocks.  Actually made two sets.  Decided that I would make one for me and one as a gift for ????????????  The video lesson and the print outs were easy to follow.  I am going to use a Kona white background and blues from my stash for both quilts.  If I have enough of a print both quilts will have the exact same block, but if not...  You can join the fun by clicking on the icon on the side of my blog and signing up.  There are going to be 20 12" blocks or 2/month followed up with the joining, quilting, and binding.

Also went out and found the batiks for Amanda and Kyle's wedding quilt.  Might change the background to something else I have that is still gold, but on the less intense side.  I think these colors represent the ones she shared with me.  I will start working on it next week.  Need to have it quilted and bound by early March. 

Kevin was impressed with his lounge jammies.  I plan to hem them today.  Marked them last night.  His will just be hemmed, but I have decided to put a loose elastic in mine.

The remainder of the day is also about quilting.  I am going to work on Kevin's "eagle" quilt this afternoon and then go with Connie to craft night and work on a binding. 

No comments: