Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11: Lounging Jammies

The blue pair was made first.  It is definitely the prototype.  I forgot a lot of the things Mrs. Rischoe taught me in 7th and 8th grade home ec, but as I made this pair I decided to employ some of my newer skills.  It took me abut 1 1/2 hours to trace the pattern and cut out both pairs as well as sew the first pair.  The second pair is so much more professionally constructed.  I serged seam edges and did some double stitching at the waist.  The only thing left is to get the right length. 

Both pairs are medium size and plenty big, so I guess it is good that I made that size first.  For those of you that have been reading my blog for a while, you know I have been working to remove a great deal of weight so it was really fun to know that I fit in these jammies and could probably even have made the small size.

Will I make any more jammies with this pattern?  Maybe went I have settled into our new digs next fall, but for now I have made a few notes and folded up the pattern.

1 comment:

Castle Family said...

Folded up and put away the pattern? I was ready to send you some fabric to make some for me. :-) They look good though.