Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26: Binding and Friends

The plan for today is to work on binding, do far too much gabbing, and just enjoy being with friends.  Sandi is coming over this afternoon and then I am going to the craft group with Connie, so there will be lots of gabbing and hopefully one finished binding if not more.

In the meantime, I decided to use the morning to work on Kevin's "eagle" quilt.  This is one of the 8 stars that will be in one border.  The others are just about done, as well.  Since the center is a panel, the rest of the quilt is all about borders.  Should be able to mount it for quilting this weekend.

I mounted my smaller Christmas twister quilt, 60x60, this morning and will quilt it and a table runner tomorrow morning.   I really do like to load a quilt one day and then work on it the next so that the batting has a better chance of releasing its wrinkles.  I had to develop a schedule so that I can get everything quilted before the HQ gets packed up for our trip to South Dakota at the end of February.  Once the twister and the "eagle" are quilted it is time to seriously work on Amanda and Kyle's wedding quilt.  I will also be loading the table runners I made during the Christmas season.  After that I don't have anything waiting in my "needs quilting" pile.  Bindings are made, so they will be attached as I go, but the hand sewing will happen as it happens.  Of course at some point I will have to decide exactly which large quilt tops I will be piecing during the last couple months we are in Vermont.  They will be from the current UFO pile but can't decide which three will stay.  HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ................................Better refocus or I will be in the stacks doing that instead of what is on the list.

I love being productive, but visiting with friends today will be a wonderful change of pace. 

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Shew!!! That is a lot for one day!! Enjoy all your gabbing and quilt activites!