Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 30: Just a Quick Thought or Two

Finished the storage pillowcase for the t-shirt quilt and had my husband mail it this morning.  Just realized I did not photograph the pillowcase.  I will ask for a photo when my friend gets the box.

This box is another one of Kevin's class projects.  It was turned on a lathe.  The wood is all from the same piece, but by the time Kevin turned the top section, there was no more of the wax that he used on the bottom, hence the color difference.  I kind of like how it turned out, but he seemed to be a little disappointed that he could not finish it all with the same wax.

Finished another binding.  This is made up of all the leftover fabrics from a number of quilts made for women with ovarian cancer.  I was experimenting with a pantograph. This quilt is just for me to use on cool nights while I am doing needle punch or hand piecing.  I have already napped under it, so I know it will be just right.  lol

Working on a Christmas fabric Twister quilt today.  Goal is to do all the recutting and piecing today, so I hope to have a photo ready tomorrow.

Received a quilt top from my daughter in today's mail.  It will be quilted this week and put back in the mail on Friday so she to bind it before Christmas.

No comments: