Monday, November 7, 2011

November 6: Sunday Stuff

Went to church this morning and had two great cantors with guitar.  Even sang one of my favorites - Amazing Grace.  Love starting the morning that way.

Right after church we made a quick trip to Kevin's school to look at a few examples of woods and combinations.  Kevin and I are taking a 4-day workshop together.  Each of us will build our own Shaker style hall table  I have used a couple of power tools in the past with close supervision from Kevin.  This time, I am going to be checking out all the aspects of being a novice in such a class. The class runs from Nov. 17-20.  I will post some stuff as we go.  Once Kevin has his shop up and running in South Dakota, he plans to do some workshop events, so this will be research of sorts.


Also checked out how my quilting side table is coming along.  Everything but the two drawers are finished.  The top has not been attached but I still snapped a few photos.  When the table is photographed professionally, I will share those photos to because this is one COOL top.

When we got home, I finished quilting the second quilt. Then the afternoon was spent doing other things, but I did get the binding attached in the afternoon.

We stopped at REI to look at snowshoes.  We learned quite a bit and even found out that they have some Sunday walks where we can rent the snowshoes to find out if we really want to invest.  Now we just need to wait for the snow.  I have plenty to do so the snow can hold off for a little while.

This was probably one of our least expensive weekend  in recent history.  Did a few errands and got our flu shots.  On the way home I tried once again to capture some fun artwork off I-89.  I will get a better photo, now that we know which exit we need, but wanted to share. Can't really stop, so I just have to be better prepared next time.

2 comments:

Castle Family said...

Love Love Love the table!

Liz said...

That is certainly a beautiful table top!!