Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29: Purchases of Significance

 On Black Friday, we had one mission.  We went to Woodcraft to purchase some carving tools for me.  It was not a sale item but more the fact that they carried the tools I wanted and there is no Woodcraft store in our area.  I also bought a couple of magazines and a carving book.  Kevin got a magazine that had information about salt boxes.
The other stop was a quilt shop of course.  In Chesapeake, VA where we used to live, Battlefield Blvd has numerous little shopping centers.  When we lived there the Hancocks was the one fabric place, but now there is a place called The Quilting Bee Inc.  It was a pleasant shop, but had only limited fabrics and tools.  The ladies were busy with teaching, and it appeared to me that was the shops focus.  Everyone who was there was in a cheerful mood.  I purchased one more fat quarter for that illusive quilt that I plan to make after our year in Vermont.

No comments: