Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 15: Last Night

When Kevin got home, he had the glass for his frame, so we were able to mount our fall photo with its expensive mat into his beautiful picture frame. (Just discovered that Jamie learned mat cutting as part of her training as an architecture student, so we plan to pay her do future ones.) This and so many other things will serve as reminders of our wonderful year in Vermont.

After a quick dinner, we headed to the school where Kevin spent time doing a number of small tasks related to several of his current projects.  He has learned so much and has already moved from a weekend builder to a true craftsman.

 I spent 3 hours carving these designs in my practice board.  After spending all day quilting the t-shirt quilt, I sure noticed an ache in my shoulder by the time I finished, but I am good to go this morning.

The carving on the side is only halfway done.  Spent and hour+ on
it.  The carving on the bottom left is what I worked on in class and
then spent 1 hour completing.  Not perfect but happy with my first
efforts.  The little one on the left was not my finest hour because of
chip outs, etc., but I learned a great deal while "wrecking" it.  Think I
LOVE carving!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Isn't it great to discover new hobbies?!

The frame is beautiful!!

Looking forward to seeing your carving creations and all of the projects that Kevin completes :D