Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 3: T-shirt Quilt (Sorry, Forgot to Post)

Saturday, November 5:
Last night after dinner, I took care of the border. Seems hard to believe, but this quilt is ready for the quilting. (It is not that it is so difficult to make, but that there are so many other works in progress.) The border is on and the backing will be pieced together this weekend.  For now, it is in the pile waiting for its turn on the machine, but by next Friday it should be loaded and probably stitched.  Binding will not start until the evening of the 17th.
Putting on the borders took a little more time that I thought it would: 1 1/2 hours.  I knew that the top and bottom edges were measured right, but I was not certain how much needed to be added to the side border.  Turns out it had to be be pieced twice.  Moving the machine and the table together in the kitchen made the actual sewing pretty easy.  All Kevin had to do was help me carry the machine and it's table out to the kitchen.
Now, I need to put in a few days of heavy duty quilting and binding on a few other projects so that I can move the pile down and get to this one.  As I stated, Friday looks like the date it gets quilted.

There was enough border fabric left to make the back of the pillow/storage case, so I will put that together sometime during the week.  So love it when things work out so nicely.

Friday, November 11:
Need help with the backing.  There is just enough fabric and I don't want to make any mistakes.  Hopefully, Kevin will have time in the the next couple of days to help.  I could do it alone, but prefer to have some assistance.  The fabric was not purchased here, and I don't have access to more if I make a mistake.  Am on hold until I get this part done.

Saturday, November 12:
Kevin helped me with the back.  The plan is to do the actual piecing tomorrow and then quilt it Monday so I can work on the binding after my woodworking classes this week.

No comments: