Thursday, November 17, 2011

November 17: !st Day of Basic Furniture Building Workshop

Ignore the love hair shots and know that I was not the least bit concerned about hair or looks.  I had the best time, especially since Kevin and I are doing this together.  Since we were both planing and joining our wood at the same station, we probably did not keep every piece as separate as others, but that will change when we start actually putting the pieces together.  I am having a blast!


Terre had each of us practice the various power tools before
we started with our own wood.  Here I am using the "chop saw".

Here I am using the jointer.  I think people with a little larger
hand have an advantage when it comes to applying pressure
to the board.

Kevin and I were working on our own boards
at  this point.  We had to plane one side flat and
then jointed the edge so it was 90 degrees.  This
is one place where we just alternated with our
efforts so our boards could have gotten mixed up.

Here I am using a Soft Stop table saw.  It was not all that scary
 because this particular saw is made to stop instantly if it detects
any change in moisture.  However, I followed all the safety rules.
After all, those that know me know I am a rule-follower.

For all my friends that are worried about the
klutz factor, I still have all my fingers and NO
cuts.

No comments: