Friday, November 11, 2011

November 11: Thankful to all the Vets and their Families

From Microsoft Word 2010
To each and every vet and those who share your lives:
Thank you!  Because of your choice we are the home of the free because of you, the brave.  Whether you are the one serving in one of our branches of service or one of the family members that keeps the homefront operational so that your service person can concentrate on the job, THANKS!
As a wife of a retired 30 year Navy guy, I feel that I served along with him just like many of our friends and family have.  I chose to share my life with my husband long before he joined the navy, but when he joined I was a willing member of his team.  Now we are enjoying time together and are looking forward to many more years to come, but I know that the current members of the armed services and their families will sacrifice much to allow this to happen.
To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, the words "Thank You" seem too small, but the feeling behindthem is tremendous.  May those left behind know that this household is eternally grateful for all you have given.

1 comment:

Nancy A. said...

Amen! Beautifully said, Robin.