Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1: Finally Accomplished My Daily Goals

Yesterday, I made a short list of things I wanted to accomplish.  Short being the operative word.  I thought if I listed everything I want to do for the week or the month that it would just overwhelm me, so I stuck with finishing a binding, piecing my smaller Christmas lap quilt, paying a few bills, and reading 2 chapters in my current book.  Since Kevin went back to school for the evening, I did all these things and one more task.  Guess I feel like gloating about it.

This twister started at 70.5 inches square.  It is now 52 inches
square after the recutting and sewing.  I plan to add a border
but will wait until the large bed quilt is finished to see what
I have left to use.  NOT BUYING MORE FABRIC!

I remembered a trick that helped me to make the backing for this quilt be just large enough.   Jamie had added fabric because the original piece was not quite wide enough.  When I saw it, I realized that with a bit of extra sewing I could make the original backing fit because there was some extra at the bottom.  I unsewed the strips she had added.  Pieced two small strips of the original together and added them to the back.  Then I added back her extra strips so that I would have enough fabric for the clamps.  The measurement is very close, but PHEW! it will will work.  The quilt is for Cooper, my grandchildren's cousin.  He has tried unsuccessfully to liberate their "cousin quilts", so Jamie decided this is what he needs for Christmas. 
This kid's quilt arrived in the mail yesterday.  I decided to mount
it last night so that I can quilt it this morning and get it back to
my daughter to bind.  If all goes right it will be in the mail tomorrow.

No comments: