Friday, November 4, 2011

November 4: Piecing Backs, ETC

Had a very enjoyable evening yesterday.  I joined my friend Connie for craft night at her church.  The other women were very welcoming and happy to share their talents.  Laughter and good conversation ruled the evening, but I did get quite a bit of needle punch done, too. I know that I talked more than I probably needed to or should have, but lots of times I just can't or don't seem to monitor my motormouth.  Even so, I learned a lot of things from others, so maybe I did not totally monopolize the floor. (Wonder if Connie will have enough guts to tell me or pinch me if I do too much talking next time she hangs out with me.)

Finished piecing backs and trimming threads today.  That means that I am ready for some long hours at the HQ.  Some days I don't think I accomplish much, but I do have a number of quilts lined up, and there are no quilting fairies dropping by, so I must be the one stitching, right?

This mess is the start of laying out my turquoise quilt which will be quilted using Angel Wings from Willow Leaf Studios.  I am hoping to be even  more successful with this one believing that practice is what is needed.  I have another small quilt ready to do this design one more time this week.  I know I am almost out of week, but I think I can finish both before I blog on Monday.  Then they will go into the binding pile for a while so I can finish up two others for Dad and work on the t-shirt quilt, as well.





This one will be done on my regular machine.
In the ditch is easier for me that way.

I am going to use my circular groovy board
on these three quilts. .





The purple flowered quilt will be done in Angel  Wings.
The other one will be done with a abstract flower.  My goal
 is to  use the pantographs and really become confident
 in the use of them.

No comments: