Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 6 Good Morning

Yesterday I set some goals and accomplished all of them, but I had to stay up until 10:30 to make certain they were done.  I also helped Kevin with a bit of a project - putting a red velvet bottom lining and a cushioned ring holder into one of his boxes.  Feels good to get all my list taken care of and also be able to help him.

Today I am quilting a large twin t-shirt quilt made by new quilter.  That is the morning project because it is only going to be meandered.  I am also attaching the binding.  My Bernina is back in the studio, so my afternoon project will involve a bit of re-arranging to put a side table next to the machine to hold the weight of the quilt while I am attaching the binding, but all of this WILL be done by supper.  I also hope to do some piecing on my Twister, but that may have to wait until after supper when Kevin goes back to school to continue his efforts on finishing up this semester's projects.

I want to finish 2011 with a real sense of accomplishment, so during my downtime today, I am going to work on a list of what I have done and what I think I can finish by December 31.  There is no plan to drive myself to stress but rather to set a plan and follow through.  I don't really do new year's resolutions because I try to set goals throughout the year, but when the year is coming to an end, I do try to tie up the loose ends.  (IF UFOS DON'T COUNT!)

No comments: