Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19: The Plan

After making a queen-size and a lap size Twister quilt with my Christmas fabrics, I had many, many 4 1/2 inch bias cut squares.  I was not willing to put them into my stash because I was not certain I would remember the bias part.  I plan to quilt them and attach the binding, but I will leave the hand sewing for later in the winter.  However it is time to deal with these bias squares, so.......... Therefore, today marks the beginning of using them up.  I am making Christmas table runners for next year.  I love using HST in a variety of ways, so I imagine I will make a few more with them.  It should be noted that all the orange is really a nice red, but did not photograph that way.  (Someday, I plan to figure out how to make the colors be true to what I am actually seeing.)  The binding for each runner is laying with it.  I plan to quilt all of them at one time, or maybe do two runs with two different fabrics for the backs.

Does it bather you that the striped fabric is not going the
same direction?  I did not notice until it was all together,
so it is staying this way.



This is my favorite.  I love the cream fabric with the snowflakes. 
Wish I had more, but I am NOT buying more Christmas fabric.
Still have squares, though, so I might cut up some other fabric.

No comments: