Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12: Carving Today, but Quilting Top Priority

Today is my carving class and I am really looking forward to it.  However, I am in the throes of some fun quilting, so it has taken my focus for the past week.  I am working on a quilt for us and all I have left is the hand stitching of the binding, which I started last night.  Want to have it finished in quick order because several others are calling to me.

Thought I would share my "Just Enough" experiences with you concerning this quilt.  I had just enough...
..batting
..backing
..binding






My original emerald ring had gotten too big to wear, and I had been hating how the height of the setting would always seem to be twisted around and jabbing into my hand so I stopped wearing it.  Kevin would ask about it from time to time, but I just put him off saying "not yet".  Well on Saturday the time had come.  We took my original in and had it reset in a smaller size, somewhat similar but lower height band.  Since all my other jewelry is white gold, we changed to it, as well.   I have been wearing it since we picked up on Saturday evening, and it is delightful.  I am Irish and my birthday is in May so it is my kind of ring.  Guess I am a spoiled, but loved woman.




The other thing of note that comes with a scary photo is that I finally have my red and black flannel shirt.  However it is a nightshirt and black long johns to go with it.  It is extremely cozy but also one size fits all!  As Kevin would say, "I'm styling now!"

No comments: