Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 21: Way To Early!!!

Even in this house, I consider 5:00 AM to be a little early for the computer, but I woke up with a full head of steam and decided to do something quiet so I don't wake Kevin.  I started by doing the hand stitching on a small table runner, and then remembered I actually had some photos for today's blog.

The first is a picture of one of my Christmas gifts.  For the last two evenings we have g-videoed with our daughter and her family and opened our gifts because they have other plans on Christmas.  Monday we watched as the kids opened our gifts.  Being the grandparents, and far away, we loved to watch all the fun that Zoe and Henry were having with the packing peanuts -- Jamie and Wayne did not seem to find it nearly as funny.  Last night we opened their gifts to us. Part of  Kevin's gift were a large package of deer jerky and chocolate - two of his FAVORITE things.  Jamie knitted me a scarf and hat in my favorite color - blue.  I also took a photo of me wearing my new monkey socks.  There was also some Grinch fabric that will be turned into something fun (Missed watching the show this year because everything is in storage.)



Please note the color changes in the bear version,  I think the
group colors are way off, but the others are fairly accurate.
Photos were all taken about the same time but in two different
rooms.  Oddly the green walls did not have a color-altering
effect, but the white walls did.  Go figure!

On the quilting side of my life, I finished the last of 4 comfort quilts that I will be donating to a group that works with patients that have cancer.  The pattern is "Spring Cheer".  The quilts are 45 x 45 and are meant to be small and easy to take everywhere, especially on treatment days.  There is something about a little warmth from a handmade quilt that has seemed to help my friends who have gone through treatments, but a bigger, bulkier quilt always seemed to present issues for transport.


"Spring Cheer" 45 x 45



I tried a suggestion I saw about using my circle Groovy Board
to make circles randomly all over the quilt.  It looks okay but is
something I need to work at for placement.

Another view of the circles.


No comments: