Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December 7: Several Things to Share

Happy ????th Birthday, Deb!  Wish we were in Texas to help you celebrate.  Eat some ice cream for Kevin.  Love you

This morning was all about practicing my carving.  I will let the photos speak for themselves.  Remember that I said it is practice.  lol






This afternoon and evening will be all about putting the rest of the Christmas Twister blocks together. There are only 11 rows of blocks (121) to go, so it is something I can accomplish.  However, since every seam is on the bias, I do need to be focused and remember to be gentle whenever I adjust things.  That has worked for the other rows and the lap size one, but I am a bit nervous about manipulating everything as this thing grows into a queen-size version.  I plan to have it loaded for quilting this weekend, so that will help me stay focused.  The holly on the fabric was my inspiration for the holly that I am carving.


Last night I was Skyping with two of my grandsons and one of my granddaughters.  We have a real routine as they crowd around and try to get my attention. (ages 4, 2 3/4, and 1.  We laugh like crazy, read books, talk about life, and throw lots of kisses.  The younger two even kiss the monitor.  About 5 minutes into our conversation, Dean says something about having to go.  At first I thought he meant did I have to go, but he elaborated.  He said he had some things he needed to take care of and needed to get going.  He then told me that he would call tomorrow if I was not busy and if Grandpa was going to be home.  In the background, my son popped in and said, "What is it that you have to do?"  Dean said something about taking care of business  I was trying not to laugh, but he sounded so grown up.  Is that what we tell him when we sign off?  He is a detail kind of guy. 

No comments: