Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December 27: 36th Wedding Anniversary

We have been married for a very long time, but most days it seems that we are way too young to be have children let alone 5 grandkids and be middle age.  This year in Vermont has really brought out the kid in both of us. 
Asked Kevin if he would like to be married another 36 years, and he said it sounded like a good plan.  Doing the math makes it seem so distant - 36 + 58 = 94.  I would definitely be old then but probably still young at heart if I continue to hang out with this man.  He is my best friend, soul mate, my counterbalance, and the one person who has always been there for me no matter what. 
I know that I am a very lucky and blessed woman to have him in my life. 

3 comments:

Castle Family said...

Happy Anniversary! I love you both and so glad your my parents

sally in st. paul said...

Today is also our 36th anniversary. Have you ever thought "why did we get married 2 days after Xmas?"

We have 1 grown daughter, no grandkids, and are transitioning to retirement.
sally in st. paul

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Sally, We had the choice of getting married then or waiting at least 6 more months. We both love Fall and Winter so it was an easy decision. Also, I have never been a real fan of summer heat and humidity! Hope you celebrated with style! We went to dinner and a movie!!