Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 20: HSTs

I have been piecing half square triangles (HST) all day.  I am just about done using all the bias squares from my Twister quilt leftovers.  I added a cream with white stars to this batch, but actually had enough of the Christmas snow flakes to make a second table runner.   More table runners will be piecedfrom these  later today.  Quilting should begin tomorrow.  Love these quick projects.
 I love using HSTs.  Thought I would share the tool that makes them so easy to get right.  This my second Precision Trimmer 6" - someone else loved using my ruler, too, so I needed to replace the original that I gave away.  I do use Thangles at times, but this tool is so easy and less wasteful, so I generally opt of it.


1 comment:

Castle Family said...

not sure your plan for the christmas table runners but if you are giving them away I call Dibs on a snowflake one. :-)