Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 8: Snowy Day

 It snowed overnight.  It is not deep and it is not the first snow of the season, but we were in Virginia when the first substantial snow fell.  Just thought you might like to see the view out our front door.

I finished making all the rows for the Twister quilt, but my plan for finishing the top today went amok when Sandi called to say she could not make it over today.  That opened other possibilities, including extra cleaning and then playing with fabric.  I have 7 pillowcases to make and a two-side quilt for Miss Anna Banana.  The pillowcases are used to wrap presents.  The quilt will happen in the next few weeks but it is not a Christmas gift.

 Anna chose the fabrics - she is ONE.  Now I need to think through exactly what is going to happen with them.  I definitely need to add some purple, pink and probably blue.  One side will be all about the princesses.  The other side will be Dora.  I have one side pretty well thought out, the other side will require some thinking.  Of course since it is for a granddaughter, I love the challenge it represents.

Next Tuesday I am going to spend with one of guys from the wood school.  We are going to be sewing panels for his project.  He does not know anything about the sewing machine, so it could be interesting.  I plan to let him cut and sew whatever he feels he is capable of doing.  Expect a photo or two.

I have about 2 hours before I need to get ready for our date.  We are going for pizza with two students from the school.  Then we are coming back here so Rachel can see how the HQ works.  I loaded some muslin that will eventually become a furniture pad so that she can actually try stitching.  I love to mess with people's minds.  lol

No comments: