Friday, December 2, 2011

December 2: What a Wonderful Life

Yesterday, I kind of started working on my newest snow person punch needle design.  BUT Sandi and I had not seen each other for a couple of weeks, so we did way more chatting that stitching.  Loved it!  So this morning I fit in about 25 minutes to finish off the first piece of this design.

Last night I did some woodworking.  Kevin and I bought 2x4s and a 2 x 4 foot sheet of plywood.  Then we went to his school and he used the chop saw and table saw to cut the boards to proper sizes.  I held the frame pieces in place while he screwed them together.  Then I drilled holes in the two pieces of plywood and we shared the task of screwing them down.  What did we make?  A craving bench for me to use at the apartment.  Will it travel back to South Dakota in May?  (Well, if I could get Hermoine's carry all bag maybe, but time will tell.)  I also purchased a fun mat to stand on as I carve.  Hope to do a little carving this afternoon, but I have other plans for the rest of my morning.  My next carving class is Monday afternoon.

I am working on my large Christmas Twister quilt.  I am not thinking it will be long before it is pieced, but I may not get it on the bed until MUCH closer to Christmas.  Once it is on the bed we will have exactly 4 Christmas decorations.  The Advent wall hanging needs about 2 hours of quilting and then it will be on the wall today.  Better late than never, right?

Off to recut and stitch.  Figure that if I work at this twister quilt steady for the next couple of days, I should have it on the frame by Wednesday.  I am always the optimist!

No comments: