Monday, December 26, 2011

December 26: What We Did for Christmas

We went to our friends for Christmas Eve and ate far too much, laughed often, and had a great time.  We are blessed to have such caring friends who will open their home to all their family and friends.

 Then we enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Eve mass with lots of traditional music. Love going to Midnight Mass, but that was not an option this year.  When we came out of the church the sky was filled with twinkling stars and gave me pause to think about the awesome power of God.

Christmas morning found us sitting in front of the computer about 6:00 AM so that we could "open" gifts with some of our grandkids via Skype.  What a joyous time they were having.  Again, loved watching and hearing all the excitement from Dean, Bryson, and Anna.  Skyped a second time later in the day when things slowed down a little at their house.  Missed being in the thick of things, but loved being able to see what was happening!  Thank you to Jon and Aleah for inviting us!

We had a leisurely breakfast and then spent a couple of hours carving.  I excavated the area around a heart and Kevin practiced some of the lessons I had learned from Terri. After vacumming up the chips and sawdust, we went for a snowy walk on our park path.  Chilly but gorgeous!  Made a stop for 12 AA batteries, which we had not realized we needed.  Then headed home to play with our Christmas gifts.  We are actually very responsible adults, but we do love our fun.  Kevin got a blue helicopter and I got a red one.  Good thing the rotor blades and not metal, and floor has a cushy carpet!  The poinsettia plant is hoping that I learn to fly better very quickly!

We continue to expend our best wishes and prayers for everyone during this wonderful season of peace and goodwill.  Hope you all find ways to play and enjoy that special feeling of relaxing with those you love.

3 comments:

Connie Fletcher said...

I assume that was Kevin piloting that heli...at least that's what the poinsetta said.....

I'm glad you were able to join us!! That was fun! I should have made more food, though. There wasn't enough. It would seem that Bob's women seem to have the same affliction!

Robin said...

I have to admit that Kevin is a much better pilot than I am, but he has hit the wall a couple of times. The poinsettia actually asked me to move it to the kitchen and away from my poor flying! Also, wanted everyone to know that there was a copious amount of food at the Fletcher house. Imagine Bob will be having those leftovers for weeks!!!!

Nancy A. said...

Oh my gosh, I could totally see Dan and I playing with those helicopters! Good for you two!! I would want the blue one, and Dan would want a camo colored one!