Friday, April 27, 2012

April 27: Quick Trip

This big pieces of fabric are not batik.  The line
is called Stone Chips.
  Last week, I finished cutting all the pieces for my Lil' Twister queen-size quilt and knew I wanted to have the binding match the background.  To make certain we had it before leaving Vermont we went back to Knits and Bolts in New Haven, VT, the shop where we had purchased everything else.  Because I will have some charms left over from the batch  of 4-patches I am making for the big quilt and will also have some left fabric from the backing and binding I bought 2 more sets charms to make a lap quilt.  It will have a different design and probably a different back, but it will fun to play with at a later date.   
We had also talked about making the back be the same as the binding, so I asked Kevin to offer up his opinions.  He surprised me by choosing a different color in the same line.  Love that he always wants to offer up his thoughts because this was the direction I was leaning once I saw the 3 choices available.

We will spend a good part of the weekend doing more packing, but we are going to squeeze in a trip to Ben and Jerry's factory.  We even think we will have a couple of friends joining us on the adventure.  Could not leave Vermont without this one last ice cream fix, right?

Also bought 3 fat quarters that will be worked into my Vermont adventure quilt --- they were on sale.

No comments: