Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 15: Sewing and Experimenting with Ingredients.

I spent a good part of the day finishing the strips for the braided quilt.  I put the strips together and trimmed up the ends.  Although I wanted to finish the whole top, I had had enough of bending my head forward, so I will finish the borders first thing in the morning.

Then we went for a very pleasant walk on our regular trail and followed up with an invented recipe.  We want to use up all the food we have before we leave, so I decided to make a casserole and top it with beer batter biscuits.  It was very good.  We will have it again once we move.  YUMMY!  Guess I better come up with a name.



This evening I finished up my versions of the April Craftsy BOM.  I want to note that I made the decisions on these when I was sick, so I did not really follow the directions all that well, but the blocks will be fine in this quilt.  I also learned a lot about English paper piecing.  It is fairly easy to do and the piecing looks very sharp. 
This block was supposed to be made with the medium size hexagons,
but I did not figure that out until after the 2nd set was almost finished.
Decided I learned what I wanted from making this block, so stuck with
this size.
This block was supposed to be made with
the large and small hexagons, but I chose to
use the medium and small.  The directions said
to make whatever design we wanted.  I like
the way it turned out.

No comments: