Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 17: Blocks for Tutorials

I am working with Rachel to make a quilt.  We designed it on my EQ, but the directions are being written by me because Rachel is rather new to this quilting idea. 
Two weeks ago,  I did a pictorial tutorial for the blocks that have words.  Today I did the pictorial for the yellow, pink and green block.  I watch myself and consider what would make this the simplest to make.  Then I try to make comments about what works and where the issues might happen.  I also offer hints to her to help make sure each block is ready to be pieced into the larger quilt.

The blocks pictured will actually be used later in my own grandma quilt.  I have lots of brights that have been begging to be made into a fun quilt, so this seemed to be a perfect time to get it started.

No comments: