Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mrch 24: Where is the time going?

Kevin and I sat at breakfast this morning talking about things in general and suddenly realized that our next move is much closer than either of us imagined.  In 6 weeks we will be leaving Vermont and heading to what we both home with be our final, but very long time, new home in our home state of South Dakota.  How is it possible that the time has flown so quickly?

The weather today is not nearly as unseasonably warm as it has been the last few weeks.  When we went for our walk this morning I actually wished for a little warmer coat.  It is supposed to be in the 30-40 range by nest Monday, so we are back to a more normal weather pattern.  The locals say this has been a very unusual year, and I would agree.  When we had the oil tank refilled in early February, it seems that we would easily use a good portion of the tank.  Now with 6 weeks to go, it will have to be very frigid to use even a small part of it.

My time is currently dedicated to making some very special memory bears for a friend.  I am using a pattern called Buster & Mr. Brown designed by Amy Barickman for Indygo Junction, Inc., 1996, for the basic bear and then will embellish each bear to make them even more special.  With all the copyright discussion on all the blogs lately, I have decided not to show the final bears, even though I do have permission from Indygo Junction, Inc. to make and sell a specific number of these bears, if I choose to do so.  I hope that you will get a feel for them by seeing this pile of legs, arms and one finished head.  Each bear is being made out of a single shirt and will be embellished with buttons and other parts of the shirt to make it even more special.  Making stuffed animals is not my first love, like quilting, but I love creating the faces and seeing the 3-D aspects of these guys come together.

Hope you take time this weekend to do something that is just plain fun and uncomplicated.

No comments: