Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 7: Just Thoughts

Traveling for 26 hours one direction in the truck means that I need to plan for doing something with my hands.  I don't knit or crochet anymore, so I have a quilt ready to go in the truck.  It just needs to have the binding sewn down - 4 hour project will be more like 8 in the car with all the sightseeing and such.  Also got out my needle punch and  have one project 75% finished, another design drawn out, and several ideas in my head of what to work on.  Both of these activities are things that work well as long as the roads are not to filled with "craters".  (Bandaids are packed in my sewing kit just in case.  lol)  Also have several great books on CD to help keep us both focused and awake. 

My studio is rather empty since the longarm has been packed up, but we decided that I could use the space for a little more exercising.  Might even get one of those bike stands and bring my bike up to get ready for spring riding.  I have been monitoring my steps for 2 weeks (would have be 3 weeks of monitoring but my battery died).  My goal is to consistently get to 10,000 steps each day, but when I get too deeply involved with piecing or quilting, the number is more like 4,500. 

I am looking forward to the trip, the wedding, house hunting, and being able to see my daughter's family and many of my own siblings.  Life is good!

1 comment:

Castle Family said...

I have never thought about packing bandaids but that is a great idea. Especially when crafting on bumpy roads.