Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 22: Any Thoughts? --- Very Unscientific Opinion Survey

When we get to South Dakota, Kevin will be opening a custom woodworking business with me as the paper chaser and manual labor.  I will also be opening a quilting business of sorts - not a fabric store but more of a quilting services business. 
We are both mulling over what directions we should be going with the businesses, but I think I have a better idea about the quilting, so my questions relate to the woodworking business.  If you have time to offer up any thoughts, please feel free to send the comments to me by email, rahempel@gmail.com or to post your comment here.  We are not trying to solicit buyers, at least until we have made the move, but if you really do have something you want to have custom built, let us know by email and we can talk.  =0)

1.  If you were going to a crafts show, what would you be drawn to look at in a booth with woodworking products? 

2.  Would cutting boards, trivets, pizza peels, turned bowls,game boards, quilt stands/shelves and wooden boxes tempt you?

3.  Would you rather see several pieces of furniture that you may or may not have to order to be delivered at a later date?  (table, chairs, blanket/quilt chest, linen press, pie safe, benches, bookshelves, rockers, etc)

4.  If you were planning to buy a piece of custom furniture, what would it be?


Thank you for taking time to consider my questions.  I know that my husband is talented and will make a success of whatever options he chooses, but blog readers always seem to have great ideas to share.

No comments: