Friday, March 23, 2012

March 23: And there was great rejoicing...........

Today is the first day in a week that I did not have to try and pretend I didn't have a headache when I woke.  I feel like I have just re-entered the world and can actually think clearly.  Hope that I never have that kind of experience again!!!!!

Drove to Bristol, VT, with my husband this morning.  The temp is not quite like the last week, but the sky is blue and the farmers are out in the fields doing a little prep work.  Saw a number of areas where the daffodils were in full bloom.  Spring is here whether it will be covered with snow later, or not.

We were on a quest to find 8/4 Pennsylvania cherry.  We found that and three other boards of spalded birch that will eventually become table tops or something else that will be very eye catching.  Buying wood is like buying fabric - carefully consider the options so you don't buy too much, but when you see something that is gorgeous sometimes you just have to "Do It!"  The birch will travel back to South Dakota uncut and await the right project or projects. 

Sometimes I am very surprised just how connected our thinking is whether we are talking wood or fabric.  How did I get so lucky to find this man of mine?

I am home now and gearing up to work in the studio most of the day.  Life is Great!

No comments: